QHS sincerely hopes that you find the following safety information for residents helpful, as our role as St Albans Council appointed gas service and repair contractors, along with Landlord Gas Safety Record (LGSR) annual gas safety checks or on each tenancy change for your Landlord (St Albans City & District Council) is to assist in helping keep you safe in your homes.
Vital Importance of Legally Required Safety Checks
Where it has been appointed and is contracted to do so, each and every year QHS arranges suitable appointments with our Client’s customers to gain access to their residential homes for essential annual gas appliance safety checks and service, Having your appliance(s) checked and serviced helps to ensure your safety. A valid LGSR certificate is legally required upon every change of tenancy, along with an Electrical Inspection Condition Report.
In the case of gas heating systems, UK Legislation states that an annual inspection and service must be carried out once a year, so it is essential that you please make every effort to keep this appointment. If you are unable to keep this commitment, please contact QHS immediately to make an alternative appointment. Should you for whatever reason fail to keep an appointment and then fail to arrange an alternative date, we are then obligated to advise St Albans City & District Council of your missed appointment(s).
What You Should Do In An Emergency
National Grid advise that you call 0800 111 999 (Freephone) if you have a gas or carbon monoxide emergency, or if a pipeline is struck (even if no gas leak has occurred).
So if you think that you can smell Gas inside your property, turn off your supply at the gas meter, fully ventilate the area by opening windows and doors, and immediately call the Gas Emergency Service Number 0800 111 999.
Heating Safety At Home
QHS take Safety very seriously and it is one of our 3 core values of Quality, Honesty and Safety. To help us keep you safe in your home please kindly ensure that you allow us to gain access to your property on an annual basis so that our qualified and trained engineers can carry out safety checks on your central heating appliances.
In terms of you also looking after your own safety, remember that an air vent that supplies combustion air to an appliance must never be blocked up, as it this can cause serious health issues, such as Carbon Monoxide poisoning.
Keeping Safe and Sound
All of us at QHS are very mindful of the needs of vulnerable residents and where requested will use a password which was pre-arranged with those residents who required this service via our call centre. Passwords are then made available to the operative in question via their PDA at point of entry. This helps minimise disruption for all concerned and provides reassurance for more vulnerable residents.
If you think we might be able to assist you further, please feel free to drop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org